How to check data balance on Airtel 4G Pocket WiFi
- on Aug 21, 2023
Checking data balance on your Airtel 4G pocket MiFi in Nigeria is done seamlessly using three (3) methods. You can check MiFi data balance through MiFi web management interface. It can also be done through My Airtel App and through USSD code.
However, checking Airtel 4G Pocket MiFi data balance through dialing of USSD is the most simplest method. But it requires slotting our MiFi SIM card to be able to carryout this operation.
Airtel 4G Pocket MiFi is a portable router that offers high-speed Wi-Fi hotspot for your devices. The MiFi offers multiple connections across any kind of devices including computer, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and Tablet.
Furthermore, the MiFi is powered by a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, a WPS button for easy Wi-Fi connections, a charging port and a Power Button. These limited Features makes it impossible to carryout many activities on the Airtel MiFi, especially checking of remaining data balance.
Hence, we’ve come with the most easiest methods to check data balance on Airtel 4G Pocket MiFi. Now, let’s dive straight in!
1. Check Airtel MiFi Data Balance on Phone using USSD
Aside from Airtel 4G Pocket WiFi, using USSD dialed code to check data balance also works on other mobile Wi-Fi devices. Like i mentioned earlier, dialing USSD code is the most simplest method among all. Meanwhile, it involves removing MiFi’s SIM card and slot it into your phone. This is called traditional way of checking data balance on Airtel MiFi in Nigeria.
So, without much Ado, follow the steps below to simply check your Airtel 4G Pocket WiFi data balance on phone:
- Switch off your MiFi
- Uncover the back case and slot out the SIM card
- Insert or slot the Airtel MiFi SIM card into your phone and wait for connectivity.
- Once the network appears at the top of your screen, dial *175*4# and tap the send button
- Next, your data balance will pop-up on your screen
- You can follow prompts to carryout more data tasks.
As you can see, this is the easiest way to check Airtel MiFi data balance. However, some people see it as stress due to the SIM card removals. Well, if you want to Check Your Mifi Data Balance Without Removing the Sim Card, continue following this guide.
2. Check Data Balance through MiFi’s Web Management Interface
The MiFi web management interface is a user interface accessed through a web browser that allows you to configure and manage your MiFi device. The web management interface enables users to customize settings, such as network name, password, security settings, and more, to optimize their MiFi device’s functionality and security. Learn more about MiFi’s web management interface here.
To check your Airtel 4G Pocket WiFi using web management system, you have to connect through IP address (i.e 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) on your preferred web browser. Like many other MiFi, you’ll have to sign in to be able to perform any task on the web management page. Hence, login with your MiFi admin username and password.
Once you ogin, tap the balance checker or SMS to check your Airtel Wi-Fi device data balance. The Balance Checker will let you check both data balance and airtime balance. Meanwhile, the SMS tab will simply generate you a USSD code which you can dial on your Airtel MiFi SIM card – similar to checking data balance through phone.
Here’s the step by steps guides to check Airtel MiFi’s Data Balance on WMI:
- First of all, you have to connect Airtel MiFi to your device. It can be a computer or smartphone.
- Under Wi-Fi connection page, choose the MiFi name and open your device web browser.
- Next, type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 to the search bar to open web management interface webpage.
- Now, enter your unique username and password to login and access the web management system.
- To check data balance, tap Home >> Balance Checker >> Data Balance and you’ll be prompted with your remaining Airtel data balance.
Although, if you have little or no computing knowledge, you might find this method difficult. Meanwhile, this is the commonest and one of the easiest method that requires the use of MiFI’s web management interface to view your data balance.
3. Check MiFi Data Balance on My Airtel App
My Airtel App is a mobile application built and designed for Airtel users to manage all SIM prepaid and postpaid activities including checking data and airtime balance, in one dashboard. Using the Airtel mobile app to check your 4G pocket Wi-Fi data balance may the best easiest way for you. However, do note that you have to download the app from your favorite app store and register an account before you could use any of the app’s features.
Follow the steps below to check Airtel 4G MiFi’s Data Balance through My Airtel App;
- If you use Android device, download and install My Airtel App on Google Play Store.
- For iOS users, you can install the My Airtel App on Apple App store.
- After the app installation, launch the app and register an account using your Airtel MiFi Numbers.
- An one-time password (OTP) code will be sent to your MiFi’s Sim card. Confirm and input the code to complete registration. Meanwhile, do note that your MiFi sim must be inserted into your phone to receive OTP code upon request.
- Next, login to My Airtel App, from the Home page, tap on ‘Manage Account’ and select ‘View Balance’
- Choose ‘Data Balance’ as preferred option and remaining balance will be displayed.
Getting your Airtel 4G Pocket WiFi data balance can be done through three (3) different methods. The *175*4# USSD method which requires slotting in and out of MiFi’s SIM to complete the task, the web management interface method which involves sign-in to web management page using MiFi’s IP address, and My Airtel App that requires registration of MiFi’s SIM card on the app.
However, it’s noteworthy to let you know that Airtel MiFi IP address that’s essential for accessing the web management interface can be found in the battery compartment.
Do let’s know if you’ve finally checked your Airtel 4G Pocket WiFi/MiFi. Thanks for reading this article, we appreciate your presence. Cheers!