How to Create Threads Account on Android and iPhone
- on Jul 08, 2023
|Threads, an Instagram app
When I first heard about Threads app, I mistook it for Slack Threads because my Google search brought Slack Threads as No.1. I downloaded the Slack Threads application from Google Play Store and I tried to signup but unfortunately, I got error message saying “Threads, a Slack replacement, not a social app from Instagram”.
Therefore, I can see many search queries about how to create Meta’s Threads Account. I believe people searching these queries have encountered some problems in the sense of mistaking Instagram’s Threads to Slack Threads.
If you’re still confused, don’t worry, just continue reading. I will explore and differentiate between the two apps and how to signup Threads Account from Instagram account on phone via Android or iPhone; and on web via PC.
Threads, Meta’s new social media app for sharing text updates and engaging in public conversations, is aimed at replacing Twitter. Threads has been recognized as best alternative to Twitter because it have similar user’s interface with the Bird app.
Launched on July 6, Threads app is designed like Twitter. For instance, thread as tweet, and rethread as retweet. This is essentially what Twitter offered, prior to owner and CEO Elon Musk’s takeover and several questionable choices unrelentingly aimed at pushing users toward a paid Twitter Blue subscription and temporary restriction.
Built by the Instagram team and directly linked to your Instagram account, Threads allows posts that are up to 500 characters long, which can include links, photos, GIFs, and videos up to five minutes in length. Follow me on Threads.
Threads app is available for download on both iOS devices (on Apple app store) and Android devices (on Google play store) in over 100 countries. Would you believe that over 10 million people signed up to Threads in its first seven hours. If you want to be one of them, here’s how to sign up.
However, for those looking to create or login a Threads Account via web, do note that Threads doesn’t have a website. Instead, to access the social app services, you have to install the dedicated app available through the Google Play Store for Android users and Apple AppStore for iOS users.
How to Download Threads App
Meta’s Threads app is available for both Android phones and iOS devices. You can simply download it on Google play store and iOS app store respectively. Below are links to download Threads app and image logo of the app.
|Threads, a Social Media App by Meta (https://threads.net)
Hence, I believed it’s clear enough to differentiate between Slack’s Threads and Instagram’s Threads.
|Threads, a Slack Replacement Designed for Makers (https://threads.com)
To download Threads social media app on Android, open Google play store, in the search bar, type in “Threads, an Instagram app”, then tap on the search button. Next, tap on Install to download the app. Furthermore, you can simply download the app here.
To download Threads social media app on iPhone, go-to Apple app store, use the search box to search for “Threads by Instagram”, tap on Download to complete the process. Tap this link to directly down the Threads app from iOS app store.
Once the app is downloaded, then, you can proceed to creation of account. However, do note that you must have an Instagram account to use Threads app. Now, let’s dive in!
How to Sign Up on Threads
Follow the instructions given below to create an account on Threads App.
- Download and Install Threads App from Play Store or Apple store.
- Open the Threads App and sign up using your Instagram Login details.
- Input your Instagram phone number/email and password to continue.
- A one-time passcode will be sent the email address or phone number you dropped.
- Confirm the OTP code and boom, you’re in Threads.
This is just the simple methods to login with Instagram account. Threads app is backed by Instagram teams. It’s designed for Instagram user’s to be able to share texts of up to 500 characters and ability to add links, video of up to 5 minutes, images, emoji and more. These are the major reasons you must signup with Instagram to use Threads social media app.
How to Login Threads Account from Instagram App
You can also sign in to Threads from your Instagram Account, here’s how:
- Login to Instagram and navigate to Explore page.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon on the bottom left of the Explore page.
- Type “Threads” into the search bar, and you should see a small ticket emoji appear on the far right.
- Next, tap on “Admit One” ticket, and your Threads invitation wilp appear.
- Now, use the invitation to signup for Threads social media account.
The invite includes your Threads username, the Threads launch date and time, a QR code, a numeric code and a “Get Threads” button at the bottom of the screen, which takes you to your favorite app store to download the Threads app.
However, if you don’t see a ticket appear in the search bar, you can also access Threads invite by clicking the three lines on the top right of your Instagram profile. A “Threads” option will appear near the top of the drop-down menu. Click on it to view your invite.
How to Use Threads App
Using Threads social media app is simple. Once you’re done creating your account, you can proceed to setting up your Threads Profile and start posting and reposting. Here’s how to use Threads app;
- Download Threads App from your device app store.
- Open the app and sign up account using your Instagram Account Logins.
- Setup your profile. However, you’ll have to continue with your Instagram username.
- To change or edit Threads username, you’ll have to do it on Instagram Profile.
- Create your Threads Profile by adding picture, link and Bio, a short story of yourself.
- Furthermore, you can import your complete profile from Instagram. That’s, whatever on your Instagram profile will be automatically copied to Threads.
- Next, choose whether you want your profile to be public or private.
- A public account allows everyone on Threads app to see your threads and rethreads. But a private will let your contents be visible to approved followers.
- Next, Follow Accounts. You can follow accounts on both Instagram and Threads in your Threads app dashboard.
- Lastly, start exploring the Threads app. Your account is now ready to go. You can browse through the home page, follow more accounts, and post your own Threads.
Threads app is an alternate social media app to use instead of Twitter. There is a lots of changes in Twitter app since Elon Musk’s Acquisition. Recently, Musk implemented temporary restriction to limit the number of tweets users can read.
All these dramas are for the purpose of getting people to subscribe to Twitter Blue, a paid subscription service that increase limits and give users Blue badge verification. This service cost $8 per month, and it’s gradually going to be must-have service on the platform.
|Similar Social Apps: Mark Zuckerberg’s Threads and Elon Musk’s Twitter
Thanks to Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Meta. He recently debut Threads, a new social media app backed by Instagram, days after Elon Musk said Twitter would temporarily limit the number of tweets users can read. Now, people can use Threads app instead of Twitter. It’s the best alternative to the Bird app because they have almost the same user’s interface.
Final Thoughts about Threads App.
Threads app has successfully established itself as a powerful social media app, catering to the evolving needs and desires of modern social media users. By prioritizing privacy, promoting meaningful conversations, and enhancing connectivity among close-knit groups, the app has carved out a unique space for itself in the realm of social networking. Whether it’s strengthening existing relationships or forging Twitter’s Interface, Threads provides a refreshing alternative that fosters genuine engagement and authentic interactions.
As the digital landscape continues to evolve, the Threads social app stands as a testament to the power of personalized and intimate social networking. With its focus on privacy, enhanced connectivity, and simplified story sharing, Threads offers users a platform that nurtures deeper connections and elevates the overall social media experience. Whether for personal use or brand promoting, Threads is undoubtedly a compelling option for those seeking a way out of Twitter.