How to Private your Twitter Account
- on May 23, 2023
Let me start with a question “why would someone make their Twitter account private?” According to research, many users preferred switching to a Private Profile because only the people that follow you can see what you like, tweet, or follow on Twitter.
But, how can you switch your Twitter account to Private Mode? The step-by-steps process is really simple. In this article, I’ve compiled the process of making your Twitter account private on Android and iPhone. You’ll also learn how to Private your Twitter on Desktop.
Like any other social media app, Twitter allows you to choose whether your Tweets are public or private. The setting to make your profile private on Twitter is called Protect Your Tweets. When new followers seek to follow you, you’ll receive an invitation, which you may accept or decline if your Tweets are protected.
Now, without any further Ado, let’s dive into the primary reason of this article. we’ll be showing you the step to take to make your Twitter profile private.
How to Private your Twitter Account on Android and iPhone
To private your Twitter account on mobile devices such as Android or iPhone, follow the below instructions.
- Login to your Twitter account via Mobile application
- Navigate to Settings and Support
- Tap on Settings and Privacy from the Drop-down Menu
- Next, tap on Privacy and Safety
- Then, tap on Audience and Tagging
- Lastly, tap on the Protect your Tweet button to toggle it ON.
You’ve successfully enabled private mode to your Twitter account.
How to Private your Twitter Account on Desktop
Follow the below step-by-steps instructions to activate private mode on your Twitter profile on Desktop/Laptop.
- Go-to www.twitter.com on your PC/Laptop browser
- Tap on More from the left menu bar.
- Next, tap on Settings and Support
- Then, select Settings and Privacy from the drop-down menu, and tap on Privacy and Safety.
- Next, tap on Audience and Tagging, and tap on the checkbox next to Protect your Tweets, and then click Protect to confirm your choice.
These are the easy ways to private your Twitter account on Mobile (such as Android or iOS devices), and Desktop devices such as Laptop, MacBook or Linux.
Are you running a public or private Twitter account? Do you think having a private Twitter account is better than having a public one? Let us know in the comment section below!