How to Lock WhatsApp Chat on Android and iPhone
- on May 17, 2023
Hello guy! I have brought to you the tutorial of how to lock WhatsApp chat on android or iPhone. The chat lock feature in WhatsApp is used for the purpose of ensuring that your conversation remains secure and confidential.
In today’s digital age, user privacy ha become a paramount concern for WhatsApp. This has trigger the messaging app company, Meta to introduced the chat lock feature on the social messaging app.
However, this feature is available for both android devices and iOS devices. Protecting your private conversations from prying eyes is essential, and that’s where the Chat Lock feature in WhatsApp comes in handy.
As you know that WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging applications worldwide. The messaging app allows user to stay connected loved ones and colleagues. To enhance reliance on digital communication, and safeguarding our conversations has been the major reason Chat Lock is built on WhatsApp.
In a nutshell, WhatsApp Chat Lock is a built-in security features that enables individual users to lock particular chat or chats with a password or biometrics authentication.
Like i said earlier that this article will guide you through the process locking chats on WhatsApp, ensuring that your conversations remain secure and confidential. So, without no further ado, let’s dive into the primary reason of this tutorial.
Chat Lock Feature in WhatsApp, Here’s How to Use
Here is how to lock WhatsApp chat on Android and iPhone without using any app:
- Update your WhatsApp to Latest Version: To ensure your WhatsApp chats remain secure, you can make use of the Chat Lock feature and to get started, you’ll need to update your current WhatsApp to the latest version on Google play store for Android or Apple app store for iOS devices.
- Go-to Chat you want Lock: Once you’ve updated your WhatsApp to the latest version, next launch the messaging app and navigate the particular chat you wish to lock.
- Tap on the “Profile Picture” to Access More Option: Click on the profile picture of the user you want to lock within the chat. This action will give you access to additional options.
- Tap on “Chat Lock”: Scroll down the options until you see a newly added feature named Chat Lock. It should be positioned just below the disappearing message menu. Tap on it to proceed.
- Allow “Chat Lock Feature” and Authenticate It: Upon tapping on the “Chat Lock” an onscreen prompt will appear, asking you to enable it. After enabling the feature, you will need to authenticate yourself by entering your phone password or using biometrics if they are available on your device.
That’s just the simple step-by-steps guide to enable “Chat Lock Feature” on your WhatsApp Chats. Utilizing the Chat Lock on WhatsApp will help safeguard your private conversations.
How to Disable Chat Lock on WhatsApp
Follow the below instructions to systematically disable WhatsApp Chat Lock on your account:
- Navigate the particular chat you want Disable Security Feature from
- Tap on the profile or the group name or icon
- Tap on “Chat Lock“
- Then, toggle off “Lock Chat“
- Authenticate the action with your phone password or biometrics
- Then, Tap on “Disable“
By following these steps, you can simply disable the Chat Lock Security Feature on WhatsApp Chats. Chat Lock is a great way to protect your privacy and keep your personal chats safe.
In summary, if you are concerned about the privacy of your WhatsApp chats, then Chat Lock is a great way to protect them. By following the tips above, you can ensure that only you can access your most important conversations.
Thanks for reading this Tutorial. I believed you’ve learned one or two? Please share this piece of information with your followers on social media pages. More, so, please remember to drop a comment before you leave. Cheers!